Homeowner's Association Questions

Who Is The Management Company For Copperleaf Homeowners Association?

Vista Management Associates is the management company for the Association. They prepare the monthly financial statements, collect semi-annual assessments, and prepare account status letters for title companies. Additional duties include conducting regular neighborhood inspections for covenant infractions, assisting the Board with meeting preparation, preparing meeting minutes, maintaining Association books and records, bidding contracts for the Board's consideration, and providing oversight of contractor performance, to name just a few of their activities.

Vista Management Associates, Inc.
8700 Turnpike Drive, #230
Westminster, CO 80031
303.429.2611 -- Office
303.429.2632 -- Fax

When Are My Assessments Due And What Do They Pay For?

Semi-annual assessments are due on the first (1st) day of January and July each year. If payment is not received by the 15th of the month, a late fee of $10.00 will be assessed to your account for each month your payment is late. An invoice for each semi-annual period is sent to you in mid- December and mid-June of each year. Members must be �in good standing� (i.e., no delinquent assessments and no unresolved covenant violations) in order to use The Arboretum facilities.

Your assessments pay for maintenance and repair of common area elements for which the Association is responsible. Line item expenses for the various items are outlined in the annual Budget. You may click here to print the on-line version of the current Budget.

Can I Install A Satellite Dish Or Cable TV?

Yes, you may install a satellite dish and/or cable TV per the provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, as amended. Simply stated, homeowners are allowed to install a "dish" antenna that is one meter (39") or less in diameter and is designed to receive direct broadcast satellite service, including direct-to-home satellite service. Any satellite dishes and antennas over one meter (39") are not covered by the Act and are therefore still prohibited in Copperleaf Homeowners Association. The Act and Guidelines permit some regulation by the Association, such as the means, method and location of the dish or antenna installation, as long as no "unreasonable" delay or cost is involved. The Association can still require compliance with building codes, unobtrusive placement, painting, camouflage and other reasonable measures to ensure the safety of the installation and minimize the visual effect on the community. Residents are requested to be sensitive to their neighbors and work with the installers to choose an aesthetically pleasing location so that property values are not adversely affected. Homeowners are asked to hide coaxial cable behind brick, wood trim, gutters, downspouts, landscaping, etc. so that the least amount of cable is visible to neighbors and drive-by traffic. You do not have to submit an application to the DRC in order to install a satellite "dish" antenna that is one meter (39") or less in diameter.

What Can The Association Do To Help Me Control Solicitations In My Neighborhood?

If you are a Copperleaf Homeowners Association resident who is constantly targeted by door-to-door solicitors, please be aware that there are laws about criminal trespass and harassment that allow private homeowners to file complaints against individuals and the companies they represent. If you are having a problem with the solicitor or door-to-door sales person, please call the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department (720-874-3600). The best advise from law enforcement is to avoid the solicitor by refusing to open your door to a person you do not know or recognize and always call law enforcement if you see any suspicious behavior. Individuals may also post a small "No Soliciting" sign by their front door.

How Often Is The Copperleaf Newsletter Published?

Once the Association has a reasonable number of residents living in the community, the Board intends to publish a newsletter on a quarterly basis, although from time-to-time, the Board may direct the management company to publish the newsletter more frequently. Check with the management company (303-429-2611) for submission deadline for articles and advertising.

Who Do I Contact For A Neighborhood Pet Problem?

Copperleaf Homeowners Association occasionally receives complaints about pets running loose or pets making excessive noise. If a pet is causing a persistent problem, you may contact the Arapahoe County Animal Control Center at 720-874-6750.

Can I Reserve The Association Greenbelts?

The association greenbelts are for use by residents only and are on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations are made and no permits are issued.

There are other area parks and pools available to residents that are owned and maintained by Arapahoe Park and Recreation District. For information about APRD facilities, click here.

What Are Private Loop Lanes?

Loop Lanes are private, concrete or asphalt streets that are maintained by the Association, in contrast to the paved, public streets which are owned and maintained by Arapahoe County. Parking is restricted on the loop lanes in accordance with the Cunningham Fire Protection District rules and regulations. The Association shall perform periodic maintenance as deemed necessary by the Executive Board.

Is Overnight Parking Allowed in the Guest Parking Spaces Provided Next to the Loop Lanes?

At the current time, the Executive Board has determined that overnight parking is not permitted. The guest parking spaces are to be used only for guests and are not to be used for resident parking.